• Gary Green is named Chief Executive of CGNAD. Tom Ondrof is named Chief Financial Officer of CGNA.
• Named the Official Catering Services Supplier for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City, UT.
• Restaurant Associates acquires Los Angeles-based The Patina Group, owned and operated by Joachim and Christine Splichal.
• Announces a strategic partnership with Levy Restaurants, thhe premium catering operations at sports, entertainment and convention facilities and a network of internationally acclaimed restaurants.
• Acquires Canadian company Beaver Foods Ltd., a subsidiary of Cara Operations Ltd, giving them an additional 1,000 accounts.
• Acquires Morrison Management Specialists, the second largest US healthcare and senior living foodservice company.